Massage therapy has an immediate and dramatic effect upon the circulatory system, increasing the efficiency of nutrient supply and toxin removal.
When doing a full body massage I stimulate each major muscle and activate pressure points where I feel blockage or see a reaction. This will release lactic acid stored in the muscles.
Muscle spasms and tension will be alleviated, frequently eliminating the source of undesirable behavior and other problems.
A session of equine sports massage therapy every two weeks or so is adequate for maintenance of pleasure horses. Weekly treatments are recommended for animals in training. Two or three times a week are preferable for a horse in competition or recuperation.
Some people prefer a monthly or occasional ?tune-up?. Any program will depend upon the condition, age, work load, and disposition of the horse.
The holistic approach treats the body as a whole, providing much more than is possible with pharmaceutical or chiropractic treatment alone
? O Great Spirit, help me to never judge another until I have walked two weeks in their moccasins.?
-EDWIN LAUGHING FOX
Establish a degree of elasticity that will allow greater arch, extension, fluidity of motion, balance,improve
circulation, calm the nerves, add fullness to the breath, loosen and stretch the muscles to build strength from within.
EQUINE SPORTS MASSAGE THERAPY
- Complements any training regiment
- Improves bending, flexion and extension
- Softens and relaxes tension
- Enhances ability to focus
- Develops trust
- Improves disposition
- Soothes injuries and soreness
- Reduces swelling
- Promotes healing
- Enhances muscle tone
- Prepares for chiropractic treatment
- Aids digestion and respiration
- Helps relieve tying-up and colic
- Prevents muscle atrophy from disease
- Helps to prepare mare for breeding
- Eases birth pains and foaling
- Can imprint newborns
- Assists with handling
- Releases endorphins
- Eliminates toxins
- Stimulates blood and lymphatic circulation
- Lengthens connective tissue
- Increases range of motion
- Maintains condition after retirement
Sandy Kashpureff Experienced in Reiki Accupressure & Reflexology 570-664-0660 Contact Form Stable Visits, Evaluations, Demonstrations, Clinics, Special Events and Shows At Your Convenience MEMBER International Association of Animal Massage Therapists EQUISSAGE Certified by Mary Schreiber